Friday, September 3, 2010

EOC Week 8: Legal Questions

1. If I lose inspiration and go online and use someone else’s design, more than I intended to. Will I be safe from a lawsuit if I changed it enough so it isn’t exactly the same? What recourse do I have if the roles are reversed, if my work is the work being stolen?
2. If I’m asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement. Can I use the skills that I developed in the company to earn money through free lance work?
3. As a designer working for an employer. Can part of a design from that company be considered a trade secret that I’m prohibited from using any work that was not solicited from within the firm?
4. If I come up with an original idea during employment with a company, who owns the rights to it, myself or the company? Is there any way I can make it my own to sell to others?
5. How much do you charge to read a contract and advise/interpret it for me?
6. What if a non-compete or non-disclosure clause in a contract is disguised and I don’t know what it is really talking about, how can I be aware of that before I sign the document?
7. If I have a series of designs that I have developed, is it better to copyright each one individual or should I do it as a whole?
8. If my company gave me stricted guidelines to go by for an advertisement for their company and I didn’t know it was taken from their competitor can the competitor sew me personally or would they go after the company?
9. What rights do I retain when using the companies software?
10. If I rough out a design on school/company software but finish on my own professional software at what point does it become a creation and what are my rights?

No comments:

Post a Comment