Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 11: Final Evaluation

During this class I have learned a lot on how to protect myself and my work that I am going to be producing more of. This class covered so much of the book that we bought and that book was just so useful and full of information to help me through the class and with the final project. Usually I would turn my books back in to the store for cash, but I think that it would be smart if I held onto the book for future reference. The first half of the quarter we learned about patents and how they work. We learned how to file for a patent, how long it takes, and how long you have the rights to that patent before other companies can start making that same type of product. It was very interesting to learn even though I know I will not be using patents really. In my field of graphic design I will be using a lot more of what we learned about for the second half of the quarter, which was trademarks and copyrights. I wrote my final project mainly on copyrights so that I know how to protect my work and not accidently take someone else’s work and get into trouble.

I like the way this class was set up and I liked the final project even though it was very frustrating at times. To go out into the real world, find a lawyer who will take some time to answer some questions of yours just as a person who happened to be a professional in his industry. I like the way that Pinto teaches not just this class, but his other classes too. I know how interesting his other classes can be so it was kind of hard getting used to so much of the text book but it was all good because Pinto made it interesting and gave us real life examples of law suits and cases that have happened in the past with major companies. I know I have learned so much from this class I have worked very hard in this class to complete everything that I could. I think that I deserve an A in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment