Friday, July 30, 2010

EOC Week 3: Jeopardy

Building a Jeopardy game for homework is a good way to learn the material that the teacher is trying to provide to you. In the process of building and putting together this game, I was instructed to go through one hundred and ten pages of definitions to get the answers to my questions. I have to pick four different topics to tell you the answers to. It starts with one hundred dollars being the easiest description going down the line to five hundred dollars being the hardest description. So far I have patents, fees, claims, and random which I have to change, I just haven’t found anything better yet. During this process I have learned some of the definitions of the words that I am sure I will be using more of in the next few years.
If you are not familiar with the game show on TV I will explain it for you. On TV they usually have three players that are competing but in my class we will have a few different teams that have multiple players on one team. So in class the creator of the game gets up in front of the class and reads the answers as they are picked by the players. If they answer right they receive the point and move on or if they don’t answer right one of the other teams has a chance to answer the question to receive the points. Whoever has the most points at the end wins. It’s a fun game that is also educational.

Here are a couple examples of what I have put together.
Answer: An application may be changed in response to an initial rejection by the USPTO.
Question: What is an Amendment?
Answer: Fees that must be paid to file a patent form with the USPTO.
Question: Application filling fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment