Friday, July 23, 2010

ECO Week 2: What do you think of Lawyers?


Lawyers are intense people and most are intimidating. Throughout my life my father owning his own business has come across many lawyers and even judges that have become part of our family because we know them so well. I hear people say that they hate lawyers and I can see why even though I don’t feel the same way. Yea, they cost a lot of money and they know that you need them so they can do that, but if you have a good lawyer it will be plenty worth the pay.
My sister is in law school right now and dealing with her sometimes can be a pain. She is very good at making her argument and she never lets me have the last say. It’s really a drag when they are in your family and they like to argue.
The only time I have tried to deal with a lawyer was when I was sixteen years old. I was driving on the I-15 going north and I got pulled over for speeding and I crossed the white line or something like that. So needless to say the cop gave me a ticket. When the cop came back to the car to give me the ticket I was in tears, he said it’s just a ticket and I said yea but I am terrified to tell my dad that I got my first ticket so fast. So I thought I would be slick and go to one of those lawyers that tell you that they take care of it and the ticket gets reduced to a parking ticket. I think it was the day before my seventeenth birthday was when the lawyer sent some kind of thank you for choosing them. Well my dad opened my mail because he saw that it was from a lawyer to me and he wondered why, just like any parent would. Well, I got in big trouble and I have to call and cancel everything with them. It sucked. So after that I stuck with my dad’s friends to help me out with all my other tickets that I have received.

No comments:

Post a Comment